The dinners are more complicated when we try to take care of meals or lose weight. We are always in a hurry, we come home tired and eat whatever we have out of the fridge. The problem is that this last intake of the day must be done with the head , because it is what makes us fatter.
In addition, it is not good not to dine anything. If we go to bed hungry we run the risk of not sleeping well and waking up in the wee hours of the morning with a stomach ache. Therefore, the reader, in addition to knowing what kind of food we can have for dinner, today we are going to give you ideas of dinners that are easy to make, cheap, simple, and healthy.
If you dine away from home: what to choose to not gain weight
If you are going out to dinner or do not want to cook and you are going to order food at home, the best thing is that, if you do not want to gain weight, choose a Chinese restaurant. “Order a double serving of steamed vegetables with steamed squid and some brown rice,” recommends nutritionist Cynthia Sass.
Of course, he warns, does not ask for or add any sauces, since “they are usually loaded with sugar and starch.” And ingesting this late at night will only make you fat, as each extra calorie will be stored in your body as fat.
Another healthy option that you can choose is grilled or roasted chicken, accompanied by salad. A Thai restaurant would also be nice, without choosing the pasta, of course.
To cook yourself at home
Ideally, you should base your dinners on protein and low-calorie foods, such as greens and vegetables. A perfect dinner would be a piece of lean meat (fish, chicken …), grilled or baked, accompanied by a good portion of vegetables. The most satisfying, and ideal for this time of year, are lettuce, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, green beans …
These green leafy vegetables can be cooked by adding a bit of salt, and if they seem very bland that way you can sauté them in the pan with a little olive oil and garlic. Also, if you are one of those who have a good service, it would be recommended that you add a vegetable broth or an egg white, in order to fill up faster without putting your silhouette at risk.
When you miss dinner but you’re hungry
If you are meeting for dinner but there is still an hour or you are waiting for your sweetheart (or family) to come home and eat with them, but you can’t take it anymore because you are starving, you can do several things to kill the bug:
- Go making dinner, so you entertain yourself.
- Chop a handful of almonds.
- Drinking water.
- Heat up some vegetable or chicken broth.
- Drink a decaffeinated coffee or an infusion.
The ideal in these cases, however, is that you always have cooked or ready-to-eat vegetables in the fridge. So you can snack while you do time while losing weight since these foods tend to all have negative calories.
If you are lazy but you want to take care of yourself
If in addition to being lazy, you live alone and you are young, you will hardly ever have fresh food at home. That is why you should not ignore all the possibilities that the frozen sections of supermarkets offer you: vegetables, beans, rice, three delights …
While you should say ‘no’ to pre-cooked meals (even frozen ones, be careful), you can get a good arsenal of frozen fish and vegetables to keep on hand whenever you want. Back and forth in the pan, and voila.
The perfect foods for dinner
In addition to the above, and that you can make variations in the cooking depending on your skill and free time, we detail below the best foods for dinner, and that you should include in your dishes:
- Lettuce: has6 calories per 100 grams and is rich in fiber, vitamin B, folic acid, and manganese.
- Cucumbers: With only 16 calories per 100 grams, they are a great option for dinner.
- Asparagus: they provide 20 calories per 100 grams. You can take the white, canned, or green and grilled with a pinch of salt and olive oil.
- Broccoli: contains just 34 calories per 100 grams, and is one of the most revered superfoods because it is packed with fiber and antioxidants.
- Tomatoes: they are a great option to eat at the end of the day. These vegetables contain about 19 calories per 100 grams.
- Zucchini: it has just 18 calories per 100 grams. Now with the cold, you can make it pureed, delicious.
- Chicken or vegetable broth: it has only 35 calories per 100 grams. It will fill you up and calm your hunger without adding calories or fat.
- Cabbage: It has only 32 calories per 100 grams, so you can get bloated.
And this is it, reader. Do you still have any doubts? If so, leave us in the comments and we will try to resolve it in future articles.