It is important to purify our body at least once a year, especially in autumn or spring, to eliminate toxins, improve the functioning of our organs, prevent aging and chronic diseases, balance our weight and ensure well-being and quality of life.
In this article, we explain how to do a simple and natural purification for a week, thanks to the benefits of fruits and vegetables in the form of juices and broths.
Preparation of the cleansing cure
To prepare this cleansing cure we must be flexible and adapt to the fruits and vegetables of the season. If they are cold days, we will mostly opt for broths that give us heat, and on the other hand, if they are hotter days, we will prioritize refreshing fruit juices. The two options are purifying and remineralizing, and if we can we will try to combine them.
Ideally, we prepare the juices ourselves with the blender, but if we do not have one we will opt for organic natural smoothies, which we will find in health food stores and natural product stores. We will make sure that they do not incorporate sugars or other substances that interfere with purification.
What is a healing crisis?
Before starting the purification we must know what a healing crisis is. When our body is saturated with toxins ( as happens to most people due to a poor diet, bad habits, among others ), a purification begins, so the body has a great need to eliminate toxins and that can cause that initially, we have discomforts such as headache, mucus, diarrhea, etc.
Symptoms of diseases that we have had may also appear or some that we suffer at that time may worsen. This is normal and is even a sign that the body is working properly. Anyway, it is always recommended that a doctor or naturopath follow us up, especially if we suffer from an illness. If we take medication we will also consult with a specialist.
The first and the last day
Since the diet of many people is unhealthy, and precisely to avoid important healing crises, the first and last days will be accommodation. In other words, we will simply make the effort to eat healthy, without consuming any of the following products:
- Red meat
- Bread, pastries, cookies, and the like.
Instead, we will exclusively consume:
- Salads with nuts
- Soups, gazpachos, or vegetable creams
- Easily digestible legumes: peas or lentils
- Apple, pear, pineapple, papaya, or avocado
- Brown rice or millet
The purifying cure
The purifying cure based on juices and broths, therefore, will be carried out from the second to the sixth day, that is, five days, and will be carried out as follows.
It is not essential to use all the ingredients, but those that are typical of our land and the season in which we are:
- On an empty stomach: two glasses of hot water with the juice of half a lemon and a tablespoon of flax seeds
- Breakfast: apple, pear, carrot, pineapple, ginger juice. Three prunes.
- Food: cabbage, beet, apple, and carrot juice. Brown rice cooked with kombu seaweed.
- Snack: cabbage, beet, apple, and carrot juice. A roasted apple with cinnamon and a handful of dried fruit.
- Dinner: cabbage broth, carrot, onion, garlic, leek, pumpkin, artichoke. We will optionally add organic seaweed, a little sea salt, cayenne pepper, and a tablespoon of flax seeds. We will accompany the broth with a hard-boiled egg or lentils.
- This purification should not be a sacrifice to starve, so if we are suffering from it we will increase the amounts of food, but always try to choose the recommended foods, chewing well and calmly.
- Throughout the day we can also take cleansing infusions of dandelion, milk thistle, and horsetail sweetened with a little honey, cane sugar, or stevia.
- It is essential to go belly so that the purification is complete, so if despite taking the flax seeds we have difficulties, we will opt for a daily wash of warm water.
- During purification, we must avoid work of great effort or physical exercise and stress situations. We will preferably choose a week that we are calm and we will opt for gentle exercises such as stretching, breathing, walking near the house or in a park, etc.